sarah kerr photography logo

Pages

Blog Archive

Facebook Badge

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Moments for Vancouver Island MusicFest 2011.

The question I have gotten recently and every year after this amazing festival when running into aquatints or neighbors is "so what music did you enjoy the most at MusicFest this year?" 
I always grin and try to think of at least one band or performance that I may have actually sat down and listen to.  Sometimes I remember mostly I say " really I don't go to MusicFest for the music".  Most people find that odd and seem a little put out when I say this but as the years go on it is become apparent to me that the music is not the main resin for me to be at MusicFest.   So you may "ask what is"?  The moments of MusicFest.  This year it was connecting with some of the volunteers and find out about their stories of volunteering or their families volunteering over the generations.  The moments when the crowd is really enjoying a show and I get a little taste it because the music is about to end.    In past years I went and talked to the people out in the camp grounds about their experiences at the Fest and that was really fun and like a whole other world that I had never really experienced, the weekend camping experience that is.  

The the main thing I enjoy the most about MusicFest is every year I get to see my friends perform and develop their crafts, like contact dance or hula hooping or poi and acting.  These friends and performs make the weekend what MusicFest is for me.  The moments that I get to see them shine and show the community what talented people they truly are.  The purpose of these performers is to be bring wonder and magic to the festival site and this is what I truly love to see happen.  I always feel so honored to photograph them and see their beauty thought my lens. 
So really I just love magic.  

Here are a few of those people doing what they do best,






More Moments from VI Music Fest 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment